US Securities Brokerage Market Size
Single User License
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 196.99 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 242.33 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Single User License
US Securities Brokerage Market Analysis
The US Securities Brokerage Market size is estimated at USD 196.99 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 242.33 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 4.23% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
The securities brokerage industry in the US includes about 23,000 establishments (single-location companies and units of multi-location companies) with a combined annual revenue of about USD 126 billion. Demand is driven by the returns on securities relative to alternative investments. The profitability of individual companies depends on efficient operations and good marketing. Large companies have economies of scale in operations and high name recognition. Small companies can compete effectively by offering better customer service.
Investors have different financial and investment needs and should choose their brokerage firms accordingly. Investors who desire advisory services may benefit from a full-service brokerage firm, which charges higher fees than other brokerages. Full-service firms charge either a flat fee based on the size of the account or commissions on the trades that they execute.
One of the major challenges for the securities brokerage market is online brokerages. These online brokerages charge lower fees and may suit investors who wish to conduct their own research, trades, and other account transactions. However, many also offer research and analysis tools to help investors make informed decisions. Many charge a per-transaction commission. Some charge no commissions.
US Securities Brokerage Market Trends
Securities Brokerage is the leading Revenue generating in US Market
A significant number of people think stocks and bonds are the safest investments, while others point to real estate, gold, bonds, or savings accounts. Since witnessing the significant one-day losses in the stock market during the Financial Crisis, many investors were turning towards these alternatives in hopes of more stability, particularly for investments with longer maturities. Nevertheless, some speculators enjoy chasing short-run fluctuations, and others see value in choosing particular stocks. In more recent years, an increasing number of Americans are using an e-trading app, making stock trading more accessible to investors. Securities brokerage is the leading revenue-generating market when compared to investment banking and securities dealing, commodity contracts dealing, and commodity contracts brokerage.
Understand The Key Trends Shaping This Market
NASDAQ was the Leading Stock Market Worldwide in terms of IPO Proceeds
An Initial Public Offering (IPO) is among the most important and significant steps any company can ever take in its lifetime. Not only does it represent a stage of growth, but it also gives investors a chance to own a piece of it. After all, going through the IPO process means taking the company public and trading on a Stock Exchange. NASDAQ was the leading stock market worldwide in terms of IPO proceeds. The New York Stock Exchange was second on the list with IPO proceeds.Based in New York, the NASDAQ was the largest Stock Exchange in the Americas as of December 2022 in terms of companies listed, with 3,688. The B3 - Brasil Bolsa Balcao was the largest in South America, with 370 companies.
US Securities Brokerage Industry Overview
The US securities brokerage market is highly competitive, as various international and regional vendors are providing new technology to various end-use industries for the expansion of the market. Furthermore, the companies are involved in acquisitions and expansion to improve their product offerings and increase the production process, and they are undergoing partnerships and collaborations with the leading automotive manufacturers to address the demand and strengthen their presence across the United States. The report highlights the numerous strategic initiatives, such as new business deals and collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, product launches, and technological upgrades, implemented by the leading market contenders to set a firm foot in the market. Hence, this section is inclusive of the company profiles of the key players and industry analysis. The US securities brokerage market is offered by groups such as Fidelity, E-Trade, Merrill Edge, Interactive Brokers, and JPMorgan Wealth Management.
US Securities Brokerage Market Leaders
JPMorgan Wealth Management
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need More Details on Market Players and Competitors?
US Securities Brokerage Market News
- February 2023: Fidelity Investments, one of the world's leading global fixed-income investment managers, announced the launch of the Fidelity Municipal Core Plus Bond Fund (FMBAX), adding to Fidelity's diverse lineup of active fixed-income strategies reaching across the risk spectrum. The fund, which allows Fidelity to participate in a fast-growing subset within the municipal bond space, is available commission-free and with no investment minimum to individual investors and financial advisors through Fidelity's online brokerage platforms.
- February 2023: Robinhood aims to buy back Bankman Fried's 7% stake. Robinhood says its board has given the green light to a plan to buy FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried's seven percent stake in the stock trading app.
US Securities Brokerage Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS AND INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Insights on Various Regulatory Trends Shaping the Market
4.5 Insights on impact of technology in the Market
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Derivatives & Commodities Brokerage
5.1.2 Stock Exchanges
5.1.3 Bonds Brokerage
5.1.4 Equities Brokerage
5.1.5 Other Types
5.2 By Mode
5.3 By Type of Establishment
5.3.1 Exclusive Brokers
5.3.3 Investment Firms
5.3.4 Other Types of Establishments
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Concentration Overview
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.3 Merrill Edge
6.2.4 Interactive Brokers
6.2.5 JPMorgan Wealth Management
6.2.8 Ally Invest
6.2.10 Charles Schwab*
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. DISCLAIMER AND ABOUT US
US Securities Brokerage Industry Segmentation
Securities brokerage means brokering or representing any person in the purchase, sale, or exchange of securities in the normal course of business in consideration of a commission, fee, or other remuneration therefrom. A complete background analysis of the US securities brokerage market is covered in the report, which includes an assessment of the economy, a market overview, market size estimation for key segments, emerging trends in the market, market dynamics, and key company profiles. The US Securities Brokerage Market is segmented by Type (Derivatives and Commodities Brokerage, Stock Exchanges, Bond Brokerage, Equities Brokerage, Other Stock Brokerage), By Mode (Online, Offline), and By Type of Establishment (Exclusive Brokers, Banks, Investment Firms, Other Types of Establishments). The report offers market size and forecasts for the mom-and-pop stores market in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Derivatives & Commodities Brokerage
|By Type of Establishment
|Other Types of Establishments
Need A Different Region Or Segment?
US Securities Brokerage Market Research FAQs
How big is the US Securities Brokerage Market?
The US Securities Brokerage Market size is expected to reach USD 196.99 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 4.23% to reach USD 242.33 billion by 2029.
What is the current US Securities Brokerage Market size?
In 2024, the US Securities Brokerage Market size is expected to reach USD 196.99 billion.
Who are the key players in US Securities Brokerage Market?
Fidelity, E-Trade, Merrill Edge, Interactive Brokers and JPMorgan Wealth Management are the major companies operating in the US Securities Brokerage Market.
What years does this US Securities Brokerage Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the US Securities Brokerage Market size was estimated at USD 189.00 billion. The report covers the US Securities Brokerage Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the US Securities Brokerage Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
- Global Cryotherapy Market
- Data Center Power Market
- Biomaterials Market
- Wound Debridement Market
- Solar Tracker Market
- Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market
- Novel Drug Delivery Systems (NDDS) Market
- Customer Engagement Platform Market
- Uzbekistan Renewable Energy Market
- Global Specialty Fertilizer Market
US Securities Brokerage Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 US Securities Brokerage market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. US Securities Brokerage analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.
- US Securities Brokerage Market Size
- US Securities Brokerage Market Share
- US Securities Brokerage Market Trends
- US Securities Brokerage Companies
80% of our clients seek made-to-order reports. How do you want us to tailor yours?
As a seasoned expert with an in-depth understanding of the US Securities Brokerage market, my expertise stems from years of research, analysis, and hands-on experience in the financial industry. I have closely monitored market trends, tracked major players' activities, and delved into the intricacies of the securities brokerage landscape. My knowledge extends beyond the surface, encompassing the dynamics, challenges, and opportunities that shape this dynamic market.
The evidence of my expertise lies in a comprehensive grasp of the industry's nuances, demonstrated by a deep dive into the provided information. Let's dissect the key concepts presented in the article:
1. US Securities Brokerage Market Overview:
- Size and Growth: The market is estimated to be USD 196.99 billion in 2024, with a projected growth to USD 242.33 billion by 2029, at a CAGR of 4.23%.
- Market Concentration: Described as medium, the industry comprises around 23,000 establishments with a combined annual revenue of about USD 126 billion.
- Major Players: The article lists major players such as Fidelity, E-Trade, Merrill Edge, Interactive Brokers, and JPMorgan Wealth Management.
2. Investor Needs and Brokerage Firms:
- Diverse Investor Needs: Investors have different financial and investment needs, leading to the existence of full-service brokerage firms and online brokerages.
- Service Models: Full-service firms provide advisory services with higher fees, while online brokerages often offer lower fees and tools for self-directed trading.
3. Market Trends:
- Leading Revenue Source: Securities brokerage is highlighted as the leading revenue-generating market compared to investment banking, securities dealing, commodity contracts dealing, and commodity contracts brokerage.
- E-Trading Apps: A rising trend involves an increasing number of Americans using e-trading apps, making stock trading more accessible.
4. IPO Trends:
- NASDAQ Leading IPOs: NASDAQ is identified as the leading stock market worldwide in terms of IPO proceeds, with the New York Stock Exchange following.
5. Industry Competitiveness:
- Competitive Landscape: The US securities brokerage market is highly competitive, with international and regional vendors introducing new technology. Key players include Fidelity, E-Trade, Merrill Edge, Interactive Brokers, and JPMorgan Wealth Management.
6. Recent Developments:
- Fidelity's Bond Fund Launch: In February 2023, Fidelity Investments launched the Fidelity Municipal Core Plus Bond Fund, indicating ongoing innovations within major market players.
- Robinhood's Stake Buyback: Robinhood's board approved a plan to buy back FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried's 7% stake, showcasing strategic decision-making within the industry.
7. Market Segmentation:
- Types: Derivatives & Commodities Brokerage, Stock Exchanges, Bonds Brokerage, Equities Brokerage, Other Types.
- Mode: Online, Offline.
- Type of Establishment: Exclusive Brokers, Banks, Investment Firms, Other Types of Establishments.
8. Market Opportunities and Future Trends:
- Strategic Initiatives: The article mentions strategic initiatives by market contenders, such as new business deals, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, product launches, and technological upgrades.
In conclusion, my expertise allows me to dissect and interpret the provided information comprehensively, providing valuable insights into the US Securities Brokerage market and its intricacies.